Version 1.2, effective: June 29, 2021
Good People Everywhere Ltd. is a social media company but so much more than that. We provide a platform for people to share good deeds, and with that encourage more people to do even more good. We really do believe that spreading this philosophy can change the world for the better.
When you use our services, you’ll share some information with us. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the controls we give you to access, update, and delete your information. Additionally, we have added a section at the bottom of this document to let you know how we are trying to keep you safe from objectionable content or abusive users.
Information We Collect
There are four basic categories of information we collect:
1. PROFILE DATA:
We collect the following data so that we can show them on a user's profile. The information we use here are: user's ID name, user's post count, user's comment count, user's followers count, user's follow count, user's deeds count, user's deedbuds count, user's followers list, user's follow list, user's deeds list, user's deedbuds list, user's posts list, user's comments list, user's likes list, user's shares list, user's avatar, user's first and last names, user's city, user's country, user's 'about' text or 'bio' (usually a short introduction), user's status.
Some info we use in order to be able to identify the user in our database. The information we use here are: user's sex, user's birthdate, user's phone number, user's email address, user's password, user's hash ID, user's Facebook ID, user's Google ID, user's Apple ID, user's joining date. Some of the information in this section the user can decide whether to share with us or not.
2. ACTIVITY / TRACKING DATA:
We collect the following data so we can show more tailor-made and relevant content to our user. The information we use here are: user's IP address, user's usage data, device type, OS version, app version, user tags, likes and comments, user's notification history, user's email history with Good People Everywhere, user's chat history, when and which version of the Onboarding was last viewed, the events the user has been invited to, the events the user joined, the events the user organised, user's job title (that they don't need to share with us if they don't wish to), what times the user uses the app (this will be particularly handy when upon a minor issue, we temporarily suspend a user from posting but might allow the viewing of content and after a certain amount of time spent with the app without more issues, we can grant full access again).
3. REPORT DATA:
We collect the following data so we can make the app and the overall user experience better and safer with the help of our community's reports to us. The information we use here are: reporting a post, reporting a user, reporting a problem, suggesting an idea.
We use the preferences set by the user, these are: user's notification settings, lost password tokens, items hidden by the user, user's blocked list, user log.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve, and that hopefully help you improve your community, and the world as a whole. Here are the ways we do that:
· develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
· send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
· monitor and analyze trends and usage.
· personalize our services by, among other things, suggesting friends, profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
· contextualize your experience by, among other things, tagging your content using your precise location information where it’s relevant (if, of course, you’ve given us permission to collect that information) and applying other labels based on the content.
· provide and improve our advertising services, ad targeting, and ad measurement, including through the use of your precise location information (again, if you’ve given us permission to collect that information), both on and off our services.
· enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
· verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
· use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
· enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies and comply with legal requirements.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
· With other Deeders. We may share the following information with other Deeders:
o information about you, such as your name and hometown.
o information about how you have interacted with our services, such as the names of Deeders you are friends with, and other information that will help Deeders understand your connections with others using our services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have contacts in common.
o any additional information you have directed us to share. For example, GPE will share your information when you connect your GPE account to a third-party app, and if you share information or content from GPE to the third-party app.
o content you post or send. How widely your content is shared depends on your personal settings, how many people you have connections with.
· With all Deeders, our business partners, and the general public. We may share the following information with all Deeders as well as with our business partners and the general public:
o public information like your name, hometown and profile pictures.
o any content that you submit to an inherently public service. This content may be viewed and shared by the public at large both on and off our services, including through search results, on websites, in apps, and in online and offline broadcasts.
· With our affiliates.
· With third parties. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, including to measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps.
o We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality on our services.
o We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
o We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
§ comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
§ protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
§ detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
o We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition. If Good People Everywhere Ltd. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
Our services in the future may contain third-party content and integrations. These we will monitor of course to ensure, as much as we can, that everything is done so in the name of fairness. Through these integrations, you may be providing information to the third party as well as to Good People Everywhere Ltd. We are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
· Access, Correction, and Portability. You can access and edit your basic account information right in our app.
· Revoking permissions. In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
· Deletion. We hope you’ll remain a lifelong Deeder, but if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you can of course. You can also delete some information in the app, like posts and comments.
· Advertising Preferences. When we start using ads, which is inevitable to run future operations smoothly and to build even better connections with affiliates to encourage them to do more good, we will try our best to show you ads that we think will be relevant to your interests and meet our own standards.
· Communicating with other Deeders. It’s important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built a number of tools to befriend other Deeders, or to block or unfollow them if you feel it is needed. Don’t forget that you can also always report any issues to us and we will try to help.
How we keep you safe from objectionable content or abusive users
It is important to note that our mission can only reach its goal if the good really spreads. For that basic conditions have to be met, meaning that it cannot be destroyed by negative content.
We are looking at certain keywords and phrases, the questionable posts will be made invisible right away while we look into the issue. We caution the user in question, or if we deem that it was not due to human error, or the profile is not clearly identifiable (meaning there is a high chance that it might be a fake account), we will email the user and potentially delete the profile and block that person by their IP address. (So not only the potential fake email client.)
Besides our developers, advisors and testers we have over 100 volunteers who are with us to ensure that the user experience is the best we can provide, which also includes eliminating negative content, so we can ensure that we are able to remove unsolicited posts within 24 hours. It is important that at the beginning, we rather delete more and together we can perfect our system over time the way it best suits our community and the world.
In case we miss something somehow, there is an option to report anything a Deeder would find offensive, so we can handle it accordingly.
If you would like to know more about the ethos we live by, please read our 10 Commitments. We think it's a nice read, and the message is universally applicable to any aspect of our lives.
We hope that this will not be necessary, but if for any reason you would like to leave the application permanently and your data to be deleted, you can do so at this link:https://appapi.goodpeople.world/Userdeletion/